I hope you are all keeping well, in this quarantine life. It has been a month since we are in lockdown in our homes. In the starting, I was damn worried about how am I going to spend this whole long month. In fact, nothing is fixed up yet, our nation is still suffering from the pandemic. We all are trying our best to adopt this change and act religiously by staying home. But we also believe that it won’t last right?
We have to move forward with the situation. So instead of over thinking the situation which is already out of our control, I pulled out myself from thoughts. I made a list of things that I can probably do during this lockdown . Even I decided to share this with you all so that you can also get inspire and try to follow something to keep yourselves engaged while most of us are staying at home now.
Beside being a mother, I am also classed as a freelancer. So basically, I am still working and even a lot more than usual because you know managing kids at home is way too harder than anything in this whole universe! However, I have sorted and segregated my hours into the areas, where things were neglected from a long time. So here I tried my hands on doing the undos and still keeping myself engaged.
- The first thing I started in this lockdown is reading those books that I bought a long ago and never touched. Have completed the rest half of “Life is what you make it” by Preeti Shenoy. The book is flooded with self actualization and an inspiring story of the author. It literally pushed me doing so many things that I left my hope on.
- This is dedicated to all the mothers out there because only they can understand the time and value they give to their children. However, some of us often lack due to the work pressure. But in this lockdown period, try to engage and give time to your children in every small thing. Let them also feel once again that how they are incredibly special to their moms.
- Can we move to the wardrobe organization now? Okay, now sort through your clothes, drawers and wardrobe as you are staying home. Keep things aside that you don’t wear any longer, try to give to the needy. I did this at the weekend. I have a bag of clothes to take to the charity when they will reopen again.
- Helping the elders in the kitchen, spending quality times with family is something that most of us tend to ignore in our fast forward life. Though I have been into cooking by myself since I moved out for my studies. Also reorganizing and cleaning the kitchen little bit give that spirit to visit the kitchen more often ( strongly in my case).
- I hope you are not like me who owns a lot more shoes & handbags that it actually required. But if you do then get access to those stuffs and clean your extra Shoes & Handbags. I sorted through mine the other day and had so much rubbish in all of them.
- Sort out through the mess of yours or your kids Accessories/Hair Products/ Makeup stuffs. Throw away anything that is old or expired or dried out especially nail paints and mascara.
- Any other drawers in the corners of your home? Kindly mind accessing them and you will be amazed to see how much you have, that you’ve already forgotten about.
- Sort through paperwork, bills if you don’t have a filing system I suggest getting yourself one right away. I think you could get them from anywhere.
- Toiletries – throw away anything that is old and you won’t use or is empty
- Try to give yourself at least 1 hour a day and spend your ‘me time’. This will not only keep you uplifted but also help to distress you a lot. Because I feel that if I am not happy inside then I can never make others happy.
- Rearrange a room, we changed a few bits around in our living room and it makes such a difference
- Last but not the least, try taking self portraits or be creative in the way you are. I did the same and it motivated me a lot trust me. Check out some of my Self-Portraits and give your valuable insights!
Now I have stated a whole lockdown life in front of you people. I will add more to this list only if I happen to find any other stuffs. Please stay safe at your home and look after yourselves.
I hope you liked the post. Do share your thoughts in the comment.